Bearded Theory 2014
Thursday 22nd May 2014
Bearded Theory Festival is an award winning event set in the beautiful grounds of Catton Hall in South Derbyshire.
In 2013 Bearded Theory was named Best Small festival at the UK Festival Awards, as well as being shortlisted for Best Grassroots Event, Promoter Of The Year and Best Toilets. It was also awarded 'Festival Kidz' Gold Star Family Festival status
Previously, 2011 saw Bearded Theory winning the 'Best Independent Festival' award at the prestigious AIM Music Awards Ceremony.
UB40, the phenomenally successful UK reggae band featuring founder members Ali Campbell, Astro and Mickey Virtue, are confirmed as the closing headliner for Bearded Theory 2014.
UB40 sold more than 100 million records and registered more than 50 singles in the UK charts on their route to global domination.
They join a fantastic line-up which includes Friday night headliner Carter USM, Peter Hook & The Light, Pop Will Eat Itself, Oysterband, Dreadzone, Hayseed Dixie, Fishbone, Dub Pistols, The Orb Sound System and many more.
The move to Catton Hall means Bearded Theory can take full advantage of a four-day event. Music starts on Thursday May 22 including an appearance from Dr & The Medics, and continuing through the Bank Holiday weekend until late on Sunday 25.
Representing even further value for money, Bearded Theory remains one of a dwindling number of festivals where the audience can take their own drink into the concert areas. We believe in keeping the festival small, non-corporate and friendly, whilst delivering a diverse range of quality entertainment at an affordable price. Please be warned - tickets sell
out each year and no day tickets will be available.With an audience from all walks of life, we like to keep the music line up as varied as
Acts that have tripped the light fandango over the Main Stage include Levellers, Reverend & the Makers, Stiff Little Fingers, Adam Ant, Asian Dub Foundation, Damned, Terrorvision, Show of Hands, Selecter, Seth Lakeman, Cara Dillon, Waterboys, Athlete, Alabama 3, Hawkwind, The Whip, King Blues, The Wonder Stuff , Ade Edmondson, Saw Doctors,
Undertones, Neville Staple, New Model Army, Transglobal Underground, Dodgy, Zion Train, The Beat, Subgiant and even Wagner. Around 90% of our artist programming is off the back of suggestions from our festival-goers.
Tornado Town is our second stage and here you can expect the party to be on all day. Almost a festival in its own right, Tornado Town has an underground groove with established and upcoming acts gracing the stage. Acts vary hugely from ska, punk, rockabilly, swing, gypsy, folk, leftfield etc. For those who like their beats and pumping bass, look no further than The Magical Sounds Arena, here the area has been converted into a club-like atmosphere with an intimate underground vibe. Magical Sounds is widely regarded as one of the best festival dance tents of it's size in the UK. Expect quality live acts and DJ's from across the land of dance music.
The Something Else Tea Tent is our acoustic venue, complete with tea, coffee and cake!! This venue is hosted by Madame Gail & her team. Come here to chill out and relax to some of the circuits top acts. Watch for cameo appearances and band mash-up sessions, as musicians from various bands get together for spontaneous performances.Also look out for the various "Busk Stops" where anyone can pitch up and have a go should the urge to play become unbearable!!
And for the family……
Angel Gardens has offered everything from a children's open mic stage, climbing wall, zip lines, playground, toddler area, breast feeding facilities, tree houses, circus skills, arts & crafts, storytellers, children's carnival, disco tent and loads more. We stage around 50 workshops every year and the majority of activities are free.The festival continues to offer a variety of entertainment away from the music to ensure everyone's creativity is catered for and over the past few years we have seen a vast array of workshops, circus acts, site art, solar cinema, fire trees,medieval living camp, market village, chill out tents, cabaret, comedy, graffiti, arts & crafts, busk stops and much more.There will be art instillations and areas created by various art collectives. So keep a look out and chill out in some of the funky gardens.
Bearded Theory invites only the best food vendors to the festival, ensuring all our attendees are served good quality organic foods at sensible prices. All bars are operated by the award winning Thornbridge Brewery from Derbyshire. The bars are stocked with quality real ales, wines, lagers, ciders and soft drinks. We also have some specialist, tucked-away bars
serving a selection of shots, cocktails, punch etc. Our bar prices are kept realistic and reflect pub tariffs.
The reason for the unique festival name is that every year we attempt to break the world record for the most amount of people wearing fancy dress beards in one place. Each year we break the record and you can help too! Everyone is welcome at Bearded Theory and we look forward to seeing you at our next event.
Terms & Conditions
- Ticket Terms & Conditions Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded, or returned after purchase.
- The right of admission is reserved.
- Management reserve the right to alter or, in the event of adverse weather conditions, to curtail or cancel the performance.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- No animals permitted on site.
- No Glass allowed on site.
- Strictly no fireworks, or fires on site.
- There will be no refund in event of cancellation.
- Management reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and to vary the programme if necessary.
- The festival will operate a challenge 25 system to prevent underage drinking.
- Bearded Theory will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
- No unauthorised sound systems are allowed on site.
- Gates open at 1.00pm on Thursday 22nd May for standard weekend ticket holders.
- All vehicles are liable to be searched, and must be parked in designated areas as directed by traffic marshals.
- Vehicles parked on the public highway will be towed away. No day tickets are available.
- Gates shut strictly for entry & re-entry at 7pm Thursday 22nd, 9pm on Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th May, 8pm Sunday 25th
- Anyone that is caught with a controlled substance will be reported to the Police immediately.
- Adult ticket price includes £30 camping fee. Child ticket price includes £15 camping fee.
- Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotion of the Festival.
- Ticket price includes admission fee of £10.00 to the park and grounds.
- "Chinese lanterns" are not allowed and will be confiscated.
- No open fires are allowed at Bearded Theory. You may cook in the campsite using camping gas stove or purpose built off the ground BBQ grills but no disposable BBQs are allowed.
- If anyone is caught selling alcohol onsite they will be asked to leave.
- ALL child ticket holders must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian.
- Child Weekend Tickets are for anyone within the specified age range on 22/05/2014.
- All young adults (aged 11 to 17) MUST camp in the same area as their families with a maximum of 2 teens per adult (over the age of 25).
- Cars are not permitted in the Live in Vehicle field at the 2014 festival unless they are towing a caravan.
- The Live in Vehicle field is only available to standard campervans, caravans and converted vans only.
- Campervans (not caravans) are allowed a small 2 man tent alongside your vehicle for children/guests OR a small awning.
- If the weather is wet, ground conditions in some areas will be puddled or muddy. We urge you to be prepared. Wear clothes and shoes appropriate for the conditions. Move through any areas of wet ground or mud with extra caution.
DERBY & BURTON
THURSDAY 22nd May 2014
Derby Bus Station (bay 29) - 14.55 16.55
Derby Train station - 15.00 17.00
Burton Train Station - 15.30 17.30
Catton Park - 16.00 18.00
FRIDAY 23rd MAY 2014
Derby Bus Station (bay 29) - 11.55 13.55
Derby Train station - 12.00 14.00
Burton Train Station - 12.30 14.30
Catton Park - 13.00 15.00
MONDAY 26th MAY
Catton Park - 10.00 12.00
Burton Train Station - 10.30 12.30
Derby Train Station 11.00 13.00
Derby Bus Station bay 20 11.05 13.05
Stopping at Lichfield City first and then Lichfield Trent Valley after
THURSDAY 22nd May 2014
Lichfield Train Station - 14.00 15.00 16.00 17.00
FRIDAY 23rd MAY 2014
Lichfield Train Station 12.00_13.00_14.00
Catton Park - 12.30_13.30_14.30
MONDAY 26th MAY
Catton Park - 10.00_11.00_12.00
Lichfield Train Station - 10.30_11.30_12.30
Derby return £15.00
Burton return £12.00
Lichfield return £12.00
Standard Ticket Prices
Adult weekend Camping - £87.00
12-15 Weekend Camping ticket - £45
6-11 Weekend Camping ticket - £25
0-5 Weekend Camping ticket FREE
Family ticket £220
Payment plan - Pay £43.50 now and then another £43.50 by 31st March 2014
Live in vehicle passes: £30*
*Cars are not permitted in the Live in Vehicle field at the 2014 festival unless they are towing a caravan. The Live in Vehicle field is only available to standard campervans, caravans and converted vans only. Campervans (not caravans) are allowed a small 2 man tent alongside your vehicle for children/guests OR a small awning. Please note that we cannot accept large buses at the 2014 festival.
All prices are subject to booking fees.
Please note that no day tickets will be released for sale for the 2014 festival. Entry to the festival is by advance ticket purchase only and tickets are not available to purchase on the gate.
Children up to and including the age of 5 can attend free of charge but you must still obtain a ticket for them and please remember they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Age 6 to 11 Weekend Tickets must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian. 12-15 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 25. Also, all teens MUST camp in the same area as their families/guardians with a maximum of 2 teens per adult.
Ages 0-15 are not allowed in the arena field unaccompanied after 9pm. ID will be checked at the gate and entry will be refused to those not accompanied by an adult aged 25 or older. By purchasing a Child Ticket or a Teen Ticket you are confirming that you are either the parent or legal guardian of the teen or child for whom you are purchasing.
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions before attending the festival and remember that buying a ticket you are in agreement with the conditions set out.
You can purchase your tickets from www.theticketsellers.co.uk
The Ticket Sellers office, Selly Oak, Birmingham